Hi from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Georgia

I just bought my first Cub Cadet. I just retired an old Husqvarna lawn tractor after 18 years. I have Emerald Zoysia which is a very thick grass. I bought a RZT SX 42 zero turn with a steering wheel and love it! There is a huge learning curve with this mower but I'm getting used to it. I have a question about cut quality. It has the Signature Cut deck and makes my yard look like a golf course when I side discharge. I recently bought a mulch kit and the Gator blades. and the cut quality is not near as good and it leaves clumps of grass behind. Yes I cut frequently, at least once a week and no I do not cut the grass when it's wet. I'm thinking of switching back to side discharge. My question is, is this deck not intended to mulch? The Husqvarna did a beautiful job of mulching but I'm thinking this deck is really not designed to mulch.When you side discharge with it the cut is incredible, better than mt Husqvarna ever was. Thank you.

Welcome to the group Kant57. Zoysia is beautiful but as you said it is so thick and tough to cut it gives the machine a workout. I looked at Cubs site and they make no mention of mulching for these blades that resemble the Gator blades. It says they work for bagging and side discharge.(only?)
    https://www.cubcadet.com/en_US/blade...ml#d=t&start=3

What part of Georgia are you from? I live in Ball Ground which is about 50 miles north of Atlanta.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your new mower.
      -Nick
      125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
      3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Sorry it took awhile to stop and say hi. Seems a lot of us are really busy these days. Hopefully things slow down so we can gather here and chat. Glad you found us!
        Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

Working...
        X