Yeah, I found it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I found it.....

some of you guys know me.... others may be shaking their head.... "oh no not him"
    Over the years I have had several GTs and a few glorified lawn mowers of various brands as well/// always wanted a Cub Cadet, had a couple of neighbors with them as a kid but Dad was cheap. If Sears sold a version of anything he deemed we needed, we got it there. but the neighbors' Cubs would outlast a few of what my Dad bought....I started out that way as well (with sears stuff) but went for their "better" stuff if you will...(Roper built) . I have worked on quite a few Cub machines for others, mostly from when they were owned by IH, over the years, finally have one of my own.... had 2, but stupidly let myself be talked out of the 1200, just after having gotten it back among the living.... I have been servicing the buyer's other 1200, and 1250, for several years now, I keep getting told they are "mine when he is done with them"....
    I have a 129, my son has an Original and a 71. The Original has been taken apart, blasted, painted and reassembled, the 129 will be getting a 1650's donated hydro lift installed....

largely on looks alone, I like the wide frames (before Quietlines) the best.

I still have a couple of "foreign" (as in not Cub Cadets) tractors but still with Kohler power and Sunstrand motivation.... but not foreign, in terms of where they were made... right here in the USA (those would be Ariens and New Holland)
    My main interest is as an info pipeline and parts source when needed, both for my machines and for those occasions where I have to work on somebody else's which as a mechanic that seems fairly often.
    I "try" to help out where I can when others have questions.
    Don
    Kankakee IL

Welcome to ECC.
    Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Thanks Jon for the text and Tim for the PM "over there" to let me know about "over here".

NOT gonna "start" anything (I certainly hope) by saying this, but I just find it weird that (as I hear it) Lance too has been shunned over there, I thought he was the quiet one...…
      Don
      Kankakee IL

Comment

Welcome to ECC!
        Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
        Indiana, PA
        Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Welcome to ECC Don.
          Glad you stopped in. Hope you stick around.
          They can't all be turn key.
          Make the best of each and every day.
          Todd
          Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Don, thanks for joining up! Lots of familiar faces here, and a lot of new ones! Whole new site, lots of new features, different set of rules. Have fun, and welcome to ECC!
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Welcome to ECC Don
              Larry
              New Market, Alabama

Comment

Welcome to burger world, may I take your order?

Comment

Diesel Doc got me interested on Cubs. We are long time Brockway truck friends. Actually I am a student of his. I got a 128 that he came down and ironed out the bugs for me. It is going to be a worker next year. The 1512 is my second one and is a heart stopper. I am looking at a 782 Monday. So you see how quickly this has become an addiction. Perhaps we need to start CCC for Cubaholics... In southwest VA, Cub Cadets were premium and Snappers were the cheaper mower of choice. There are several older ones here still working. It is an adventure looking for them. Thanks for the warm welcome. Hopefully I can master the picture posting challenge shortly.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Glen! Glad you found us, and even better you found Stan! He's a great guy. Posting pictures isn't hard, once you figure out out, lol.
                    Here's a thread we put together to help you out:
                    https://www.everythingcubcadet.com/f...res-a-tutorial
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Working...
                    X