X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just me

Hi guys
    How's it going?
    Been super busy at work getting ready for winter.
    I am the only mechanic of a 12 log truck fleet. I know doesn't seem so bad. But then you add in the 30 trailers, 5 owner operators, timber pro processor and the ponsse skidder. Somethings always broke. Lol. Plus I have a part time job on a farm working on green equipment. Not much time for fixing my own junk.
    Good to be part of the best cub cadet sight on the net.
    Cory.
    Cory.

One piece at a time...

Cory! Welcome aboard!!
    I've been in your shoes.... knd of, lol. Always busy, but for the majority of my mechanic career, I was the head hauncho with guys to tell what to fix. When I had my shop, I still did 50% of the work. When I was at Republic.... I stayed clean most days. But the paperwork and management of that fleet was a pretty tough job in itself, lol. Busy keeps you out of trouble, but does suck for keeping your own stuff going.

Welcome to the new site!
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Cory - spent 31 years doing fleet work for a utility, both as a grunt on the floor and as foreman supervisor. Something's always broke. You get to know the trouble trucks and the one's that just turn miles without much problem. We had 161 units, trucks, trailers, off road equipment, etc. and only 3 mechanics including me. Yeah, busy!

Comment

Glad you made it over Cory.
        Good talking with you this morning...
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I've been at this job now since early 2015 way different than working in the dealership setting. I do all the parts ordering, equipment maintenance record keeping. Hardest part is leaving work at work, can't seem to do this.lol.
          I got a 169 I've been trying to get back together for a couple years now. Every time I go to work on it I got to remember where I was. Lol. But I'll get it done someday.

Yeah Todd always a pleasure.
          Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Hey Cory! Glad to see you navigated to ECC! Welcome to Hollywood!

Comment

Working...
            X