Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Site for Old Tractors and Ol Farts

Wow
    Some of the names are familiar and some are new. Been around Cub Cadets for a long time; Seeing as how I worked next door to an IH Dealer. Had a chance to see Cub Cadets from the start. Could not afford a new one but the ones others gave up on were in my price range. First one was not a total rebuild but it did run. Only problem was trying to get it to start with the pull cord in cold weather. And the high spots in the yard sure took a toll on the toothed belts on the mower. The one that served the best was the 10 HP and the worst the 12 HP. When I gave up on the 12 I found a nice 982 with all the bells and whistles. It was at a lawnmower place that just sold used. It had a small hyd leak and was from Ohio. Had to wait till the next day it was payday. Went back and there was nothing there. Inquired and found out the police had raided the place and all the lawn tractors were stolen property. LOL got lucky I did not have the money or put any down on that beauty. Now I have a 1810 that we bought new and two diesels we saved from being sold due to issues. A pretty red 782D and a Yeller and White 1782 its nice and cuts grass nice but the smaller one will out work it.

Welcome to ECC J.
    Larry
    New Market, Alabama

Comment

Welcome to the forum! That's an interesting story about the "dealer" and all the stolen tractors. I agree, you were very lucky in not being involved with stolen property. I wonder if the 982 ever made it back to it rightful owner?

Comment

Welcome to ECC.
        Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Welcome to ECC!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Welcome to ECC!

Comment

Welcome to ECC!

Comment

Welcome to ECC.
                They can't all be turn key.
                Make the best of each and every day.
                Todd
                Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Working...
                X