Jonathan...just wanted to say hello...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonathan...just wanted to say hello...

....and to wish you well with the new site. Looks great. I may stop by on occasion to further take advantage of your mechanical expertise. Still have the 129 but currently it's fairly well stripped down to the frame awaiting (hopefully anyway) a rebuild on the engine. Not sure what's happening with the guy who has it...he's knows what he's doing with these old tractors and said he has a block for mine that is already bored, etc. But then he ran into health issues the past few months so I have no idea what's going to happen in the way of additional progress, if any. I really don't want to have this thing sitting in my garage forever in unusable condition, and so if he's not going to proceed with the engine, I will be selling all things Cub-related for anyone who might be interested unless some other option presents itself for getting my engine fixed.

Kindest regards and good luck with your new cyberspace venture...

Keith

Hello Keith. Glad you found someone to work on it. Not sure I understand why it's in you're garage, but ok. Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks for the warm wishes, and welcome to ECC!
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Hey Jonathan....the cub is in the same garage it's always been since we bought the house. It has never been kept outside. So, a mess of parts and pieces is in one corner of the garage, the fender assy in another, the tractor in a state ready to be separated, and as mentioned the engine is at the mechanic's place...perhaps for an extended period of time depending on this guy's health issues. I even bought over $100 of new parts for it when it seemed likely that this guy was going to fix the motor. So if it all doesn't play out, guess I'll just put the new parts on my eBay site and try to sell piecemeal, or (preferably) sell everything I own that is in any way Cub Cadet-related to whomever might be interested. Would still like to get it going though. It has sort of become a hobby over the decades. Just wish I had your (or some of the other guys I've corresponded with over the years at various forums - mostly OCC) mechanical know-how. I do what I can, and what I don't know how to do I badger guys like you until I learn enough to tackle harder problems Just restored a '68 Bolens Snowblower to running condition and so now would like to sell that. Otherwise my garages will eventually become a museum of ancient machinery.

Comment

Working...
      X