Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi everyone. Names Dave. Looking to upgrade my 35 year old Deere 130. Looking at the XT1/2 series and have a few random questions, but I'll post in the appropriate sub forums. We personally have a smaller corner lot (less than 1/2 acre to mow, but will also be using the new tractor to push snow as well. In the summer my oldest will be using it to pull a yard cart loaded with our walk behind etc for his mowing jobs to help support his hobbies/sport.

Little about myself. I'm not new to online forums, and am one of the owners at contour.org forum. In the summers I can be found at the local drag strip acting as crew chief for my soon to be 12 yr olds NHRA junior dragster.

Looking forward to being here!

Thanks,

Dave

Hello Dave! Welcome to ECC!
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome Dave.
        We probably crossed paths years ago. I purchased a new '99 Mercury Cougar and had a '96 Mystique as my commuter vehicle. Both loaded with options and V6. I looked for a SVT for years, but all were run hard. Fun underrated cars.

Comment

• D.Acker
          D.Acker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi! It’s very possible. Still have my ‘00 SVTC actually. They really are fun cars. I’m chasing an electrical bug right now, pretty sure it’s a battery cable. Can’t complain first real issue since I bought it in 07

Welcome to ECC Dave.
        None of us here have anything as new as that. So the only advice I would give, is consider an "older" cub cadet as your "upgrade".
        That's my story, and I'm stickin to it.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
          Welcome to ECC Dave.
          None of us here have anything as new as that. So the only advice I would give, is consider an "older" cub cadet as your "upgrade".
          That's my story, and I'm stickin to it.
          LOL! Guess I’ll just have to lead the pack then. 😂

I did come across a Case 220 and 222 the other which made me look twice. Grew up using both of those.

Comment

Case 222? Hey, I got one of them. IMG_0622.jpg
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Welcome to the clan.
              I agree with Todd get an old one, they are far superior than a new plastic one. Those case machines are very rugged machines can't go wrong with one of those.
              I cut my lawn with Todd's machine a few years ago, hard to get used to the left hand discharge and the hydraulic drive.
              good luck (make a good choice)😉
              Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Well, as much as I would have liked to go with an older Case or CC, I kinda shot myself in the foot. I talked up the safety features of the new machines to the wife since our 12 yr old will be operating the machine, even showed her some really good package deals. But no go.

So we brought home a new Enduro Series XT2 with the 42" deck and 46" snow blade.

Happy with the unit so far.

image_1537.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X