RZT42 (2011) Bent or Worn ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZT42 (2011) Bent or Worn ??

Just purchased a 2011 RZT42 with 525 hours on it (too many ?) and have an issue. BTW, no obvious signs of having been abused, crashed, or dropped.

I noticed it did not seem to be doing a very even or consistent job of mowing so started checking all the dimensions. First thing I noticed is, when in the full-up position, the manual says the blades should be 4 inches off the ground. I read 2 7/8 on the left and 3 3/8 on the right !! Dropping down one notch puts me at just over 2 inches on the left !!

Ok, so first we need to level it up and then try to figure out why full up is not 4 inches. Oops, the adjuster on the right side is at the bottom of it's travel which I now realize makes sense BUT, that means that full up will become 2 7/8 which, in my uneven yard, is almost too low already.. I guess an even 2 7/8 is better than uneven but not a lot.

I checked front to rear but checked on the shroud instead of the blades (next time) and get 2 3/4 in front and 3 in rear.

Sooo, where do I start looking for what is bent, broken, or worn out or just deal with it ? I gave $800 which, at the time did not seem like a bad deal and the gentleman I purchased it from seemed pretty straight forward. However, I have to wonder how he did not notice the issues unless his lawn is such that the discrepancies were not noticeable.

Thanks,
    Mike

Sounds like you simply need to level the deck using the adjustment points on the deck hangers. Easy peezy. Remember that the rear tires air pressure has to be the same or one side will be lower.

I would surely hope nothing has worn out in 525 hours, but the RZT 42 isn’t exactly a commercial machine. Plus some people are really hard on machines. Either way, it should be easy to see what the issue is.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Any luck getting it leveled up? Can’t help you if you don’t speak up! Let us know if you got it, or have questions.
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Working...
      X