No announcement yet.

Resurrection of Cadet 85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Todd!! Seeing this really wants to make me hunt up my old 60 that I had as a kid! I swear it's been along time but i think my 60 had a two blade deck?! Wonder if they changed to a single blade later? The 60 looked like yours only it was yellow and had a 6hp Tecumseh engine.. it was a little challenged on the HP side.. but it was worn out.. Dad did buy me a new short block in the later years and boy did that help out..

On another note I should have one of those tanks if I can find it! I took tons of them off 8hp briggs in the 80's when I worked at the lawnmower shop.. The owner bought a bunch of new surplus engines that all had tanks.. most of the time we put them on equipment that already had tanks so they came off.. Several of them were in the old farmhouse that we tore down three years ago.. i just hope they didn't go to the dumpster.. I will look around in the barn where my cub stuff got put.. hopefully a tank or two made it over there!!

Comment

Nice work Todd! Another completed project!
      ​​​
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Looks great Todd! It should work great for trim work.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
          Nice work Todd! Another completed project!
          ​​​
          Yeah I think Todd is the king of completed projects!! He seems to get more done in one day than I do all year!! Makes us all look bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaynjeep View Post

Yeah I think Todd is the king of completed projects!! He seems to get more done in one day than I do all year!! Makes us all look bad!!
            Not by a longshot Jay. I've seen others do in a few weeks, what it took me better than a year. Guys over at the other place were doing "restorations" in like a month. My "O" took me something like 15 months.
            And you have to remember, you all are still punchin a clock. And I'm punched out.
            Yeah, I'd be interested in a "correct" fuel tank for this. At the moment it's leak free, but that's not to say it'll last. It's pretty brittle, and could spring another leak...
            Thanks everyone. It was a fun little project. Something different.
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

When is this thing going on its maiden voyage?
              Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstripewideframe View Post
                When is this thing going on its maiden voyage?
                "Thing?" Watch your tongue young man.
                We need the grass to start growing first. Must still be snow up in your neck of the woods.
                Maybe you can be the "guinea pig" when you come down to get your blades, and help me on the Chevy.
                Todd

Comment

What do "you" call it?
                  You have to make sure it's good to go before the grass need cutting.
                  Not much snow just on the north sides of buildings and in the woods. Hopefully gone by the end of this weekend. I'll have to send you a picture of my pond it's like twice it's size right now.
                  Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

What do "you" call it?
                    You have to make sure it's good to go before the grass need cutting.
                    Not much snow just on the north sides of buildings and in the woods. Hopefully gone by the end of this weekend. I'll have to send you a picture of my pond it's like twice it's size right now.
                    Bathtub? I guess, "thing" works...
                    No shit, you gonna have to get a pontoon boat pretty soon. Ain't in the basement yet?
                    Todd

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post

Bathtub? I guess, "thing" works...
                      No shit, you gonna have to get a pontoon boat pretty soon. Ain't in the basement yet?
                      Nope not yet, I took the 73 and plowed some sod so it can drain into the woods. Should be good for now.
                      Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Nope not yet, I took the 73 and plowed some sod so it can drain into the woods. Should be good for now.
                        Well that's good. All you need is a basement full of water...
                        Todd

Comment

Indoor swimming pool?
                          Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Working...
                          X