Miscellaneous parts Cub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miscellaneous parts Cub

I'm thinking of taking somenof my old parts that have been sitting for years and building a IH Cub out of whatever I have.
    i have a 147 frame, fenders, a 70 Cowell, K301 engine, 70 hood, a rebuilt hydro rear end, and well whatever else I can find. I want to make a hydrulic dump cart.
    so what do you think. STUPID or Do it????

When you say dump cart, do you mean like a stretched frame tractor with a dump bed? Or a tractor, then build a dump cart to pull behind it?
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Well i think i would like the stretched frame idea better.

Comment

I say go for it! I've seen plenty of the stuff you and Trent have made. You'll end up with a good machine.

As far as stretching the frame, it's do-able. Seen several guys do it. I've considered it, but I'd rather have a Kawasaki Mule, or similar. BUT..... building a "hauler" out of a Cub is MUCH cheaper. Plus, what else would you do with all those parts???
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Hurry up and build it so I can use it to draw that furnace out yo basement

Comment

Interesting project. Just do it!!!
            By some of the other things you guys built in the past, should be a good thing to watch come together.
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I'd love to do that to one of the supers I got. I've even got a spare frame to lengthen it and make a tandem under the dump. I want to figure out some sort of a walking beam suspension. Dreams!

Comment

Stan, I remember us talking about making a walking beam Cub rear end back when that guy on the "other site" made a rigid rear end one. He had a pretty hilly yard, and we figured he would have issues. Then Frank made his, but he lived on the flat. Said he never had too much trouble. But...... I spent most of the fall in a truck. Two twin screws with a power divider lock, and one single screw with a tag. That single screw/tag will nail you every time!!

I think if I was building it, unless I just wanted the challenge, it would just be a single axle rear. Not that I don't like the challenge..... but there's less variables. Plus, it's not likely that you (anyone) will be carrying enough weight to need the second axle.

So Keith..... what do you say? Going to build it?
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

You're right Jon, it would be a challenge to do a walking beam suspension. If I find the time and motivation to do it, I think I would try just for the pleasure of building something that hasn't been done before. I even had thoughts of making a tandem Cub into a tractor, and then building a scale sized tandem axle dump trailer for it! Like I said - dreams!

Comment

yup every year at the Pontiac Threshermen's show, and at the Penfield show, there is some rendition of a stretched Cub.... usually more than one. Let's see what you can do.
                    Don
                    Kankakee IL

Comment

Working...
                    X