Kohler K Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kohler K Evolution

Hi All, I've searched the net for the Kohler K engines but found little. Does anyone know if Kohler made improvements or revisions to these engines over the years regarding design or materials since their inception? I was thinking they must have evolved over the years in some way. Maybe people who've rebuilt tons of them could talk of their evolution or point me to any articles or something? Thanks!!

Almost nothing changed between their initial engines and the last. There were valve changes, head design changes and even a few block changes... but basically the parts are all interchangeable. If you have a specific question, ask it. It would take a while to list all the minor differences and what and when it changed.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I don’t really have a specific question. You helped me determine a while back that my replacement k301 was from the late 80’s, so I was just wondering what might be better, or not, than the original engine from the 60’s.

Comment

It doesn't matter on the block really. If you can, the head with the spark plug above the exhaust valve does seem to run a little bit better.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Working...
        X