Onan crankshaft bolt circle dimensions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onan crankshaft bolt circle dimensions needed

I'm going to be making an Onan to CV driveshaft adapter and need to verify the bolt circle on the crankshaft. Todd was kind enough to share a .pdf file of an adapter but the hole dimensions for the Onan were incorrect.

It looks to be either 2.750 or 35 mm ( 2.756 ) but would like someone to verify for me. It's a four hole pattern.

Thank you very much
    Jeff

Jeff, i have an Onan at home, but I don't think it has a flywheel on it. I'll look and get back to you.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Jeff did you ever get this dimension? if not I can get you it as I have an Onan in my garage in a box!! Its the 4 hole pattern on the flywheel is what you need correct?
      Randy
      Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Originally posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
        Jeff did you ever get this dimension? if not I can get you it as I have an Onan in my garage in a box!! Its the 4 hole pattern on the flywheel is what you need correct?
        If you have it that would be great. The one in my garage does have a flywheel, but not a Cub Cadet one. My 982 is in storage.

Jeff,
        Once you get the dems, you think you may be able to make a new drive plate for a standard shaft hydro? The drive plate with the alignment bearing is NLA from CCC. Might get you some more sales if you could fab up a replacement. Some guys may not want to do the conversion..... Just a thought.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
          That is correct. Please verify bolt size and how thick the flywheel is ( for bolt length to attach the adapter )
          Thanks,
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post

If you have it that would be great. The one in my garage does have a flywheel, but not a Cub Cadet one. My 982 is in storage.

Jeff,
            Once you get the dems, you think you may be able to make a new drive plate for a standard shaft hydro? The drive plate with the alignment bearing is NLA from CCC. Might get you some more sales if you could fab up a replacement. Some guys may not want to do the conversion..... Just a thought.
            I'm sure I can make something up. I'll need something to copy or a plan of attack for new mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff in Pa View Post

I'm sure I can make something up. I'll need something to copy or a plan of attack for new mount.

I've got another motor to put in my 982. (Not an Onan.) So I will have it out at some point this winter. Plan to have it ready to go by spring. When I get it in, I'll pull the old driveshaft flange and see what the actual difference is between it and one for a Kohler. I'll let you know what I find. I'll also have that one if you need one to copy. I won't be needing it. I doubt I ever go back to an Onan. (I eventually want to go with a WG-600.)
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Jeff, here are some pics of an older flange plate I have. This bolted up to my Onan P216 I have on the bench and I believe it is out of one of my 982's. Made by the same people that make the ball bushings. Jeff, if you want I can send it to you so that you can copy it. I'll probably buy an adapter so you could send it back with the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Oak View Post
                  Jeff, here are some pics of an older flange plate I have. This bolted up to my Onan P216 I have on the bench and I believe it is out of one of my 982's. Made by the same people that make the ball bushings. Jeff, if you want I can send it to you so that you can copy it. I'll probably buy an adapter so you could send it back with the new one.
                  Now, that should have the alignment bearing clamped/made into the center, correct? Just like all the others? ​​​​I'm just making sure the Onan flange was made the same as all the others.
                  ~Jonathan
                  Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Thank you very much. The drawing had a 3/4" thru hole in the center of the plate. I guess I'll keep that in.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post

Now, that should have the alignment bearing clamped/made into the center, correct? Just like all the others? ​​​​I'm just making sure the Onan flange was made the same as all the others.
                      It looks like the Kohler flange in that respect. If Oak wants to measure , see if it's 1.125

Comment

Yes, the ball bushing is missing from that one and the hole is 1.125"

Comment

Yes, the ball bushing is missing from that one and the hole is 1.125"
                          Thank you very much.

Comment

Here's the first one for a CV driveshaft. After verification I have this correct, they'll be offered for sale

Attached Files

Comment

Totally awesome Jeff! One more part to add to the list!
                              ~Jonathan
                              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Working...
                              X