Picked up this little guy from a member. 20200421_193609_HDR.jpg
    20200421_193641.jpg
    big plans for this one...
    20200421_193544.jpg20200421_193554_HDR.jpg
    Attached Files
    Cory.

One piece at a time...

Cory!!! How the heck you been!?

All that looks expensive. Is that a SEW motor?
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

How have I been? Um let's see currently going through a nasty divorce. So there's that. Other than that I've been busy as hell at work. I didn't do a Damn thing all winter cub wise. Looking to get this thing going for mowing season. It came with a 44 deck but I have a 50c in going too put on it. Yeah it was expensive but I treated myself, never really done that before. It's an 18hp from sew. I'm going to reseal the rear end before I put the engine in. Also just ordered some firestone tri ribs for the steer axle. Then this summer I was going to put on the 26 Carlisles.
      Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

• J-Mech
        J-Mech commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't want to derail the thread to say this, but I got divorced 8 years ago. On the list of best things I ever did. You will get through it. I don't know if you have kids together or not. Mine were young, so it didn't affect them too much. My ex and I still both live in the same town, so kids go back and forth. You holler at me if you need anything. Type up a PM to me just to vent if you need to. I've been there bro.

Wow, even the not new parts look like they just rolled out of the showroom, very nice!
      Vic
      Beulah, Michigan

Comment

Wow Cory, that is nice! Original paint? Sure does look good..

CONGRATS on the SEW package.. that sure does make a nice conversion.. you will love it! Looking back on mine I think it would have been cheaper and easier to "treat" myself on the conversion rather than a retrofit of a used Kohler..

Sorry to hear of your current situation.. in time things will ease.. Keep your head up and keep Cubbin!

Also keep us posted on this build!!

Comment

Keep us updated! Sounds like it's going to get what it needs. It'll make you a good tractor!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Thanks guys I'll get through it. I'm a whole lot better than I used to be. I'm thinking like you Jon this is going to be the best thing that I've could have done.
            Anyways just ordered a bunch of parts to reseal the trans and bring everything else back up to par . As you see in the pictures it was pretty dirty. So I'm going to do the cork gasket input seal then I guess play it from there. Anthony else can be done later on.
            I ordered new flex couplers, tie rod ends, fuel tank cap, trunion springs and caps.(I'm going to have to weld it up. Surprise Surprise.) New pto belt, trans filter I have fluid in my shed.
            question anyone Have a picture of the battery hold downs for one of these?
            Screenshot_20200424-205803.png
            Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

• zippy1
              zippy1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't have a hold down on any of mine. Oh, one's got a tarp strap.
              They, the battery don't go anywhere...

Well, would you look at that. A 682!
            Huh, looks like mine. I had to go out to the shed, and see if it was still there. Son of a bitch, it's gone.
            Hope it treats you right. It went to a good home at least. And like I told you, I didn't "need" another tractor, but you did.
            You'll really like that engine. I know I had NO regrets with the 23 in the 1872. Enjoy my friend.
            You're putting 26" on? Then you'll have to jack up the fenders. Why?????
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Damn you caught on. Didn't think you'd notice.

I know it will be a good tractor. It's not a clapped put piece of shit. It's going to have a good home for sure, heated shed its gong to be spoiled.
              26s I seen them on a picture on one and they look pretty mean. Change my mind then.
              Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Cory, put a new seal on the trunion shaft opposite of the control side while it is out. Seems they are more prone to leak than the control side. Control side seal requires hydro disassembly.
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                  Cory, put a new seal on the trunion shaft opposite of the control side while it is out. Seems they are more prone to leak than the control side. Control side seal requires hydro disassembly.
                  Thanks Jon will do
                  Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Hey some of those pics look like Todd's shop! Wait that is Todd's tractor!!

Knew I had seen it before! That's gonna make you a nice ride! Todd has several nice ones..,.. he don't need no more!!

The battery hold down on those was a rubber strap.. it usually didn't last long.. I retrofitted mine with a metal one from a quietline.. took a little tweaking but I made it work and it looks factory.. I'll have to see if I have pictures.. I ordered a new repro from Patton acres best I remember

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
                      Well, would you look at that. A 682!
                      Huh, looks like mine. I had to go out to the shed, and see if it was still there. Son of a bitch, it's gone.
                      Hope it treats you right. It went to a good home at least. And like I told you, I didn't "need" another tractor, but you did.
                      You'll really like that engine. I know I had NO regrets with the 23 in the 1872. Enjoy my friend.
                      You're putting 26" on? Then you'll have to jack up the fenders. Why?????
                      Todd... I was just wondering what you were gonna do with that ole girl.. I knew you put her in the shed a while back for future use.. glad you found her a good home.. Wasn't that the one from your Hometown dealer?

Comment

Congrats on the new Cub, it looks good!
                        -Nick
                        125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
                        3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

Originally posted by jaynjeep View Post

Todd... I was just wondering what you were gonna do with that ole girl.. I knew you put her in the shed a while back for future use.. glad you found her a good home.. Wasn't that the one from your Hometown dealer?
                          Hey Jay. Yeah, it's the local one from Gillett Implement.
                          I know the ole saying, "can never have to many" Cubs, but it's come to a time in my life, where I've got plenty.
                          And figure, it (682) don't deserve sitting for who knows how long, in a shed.
                          Didn't even think about selling it. But after talking with Cory, and knowing he'll "treat" it right, figured, what the hell, let er' go.
                          Be good to see it working, and earning it's keep...
                          They can't all be turn key.
                          Make the best of each and every day.
                          Todd
                          Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Working...
                          X