What did you do TO your Cub today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you do TO your Cub today?

Just a place to post up what you did to you Cub today. This can be for both IH and CCC models.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Merging the IH and CCC tractor sections together. This post is for that purpose.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      That was actually harder than I thought it would be to do, lol. But I got it!

I set the valve clearance on the 129. They were both a bit tight. It starts SO much better now. It would stall the starter every time it would hit when you were cranking it. I guess maybe the compression release wasn't working properly with improper valve clearance?
    I like yellow and white

Comment

Good deal!
      If the valves are too tight, it probably was dumping too much compression to fire off well. Couldn't build enough speed to overcome the compression release.
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Did a little TLC to the 108 yesterday, It's my cart pulling and sprayer tractor. Anyway it has been in need of a head gasket for sometime. As you can see from the pics it was in need. Pulled the head resurfaced it, lapped and set the valves, and serviced the breather.
        Larry
        New Market, Alabama

Comment

• zippy1
          zippy1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh boy, I'd say. What's next on the list?

• jaynjeep
          jaynjeep commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good Larry! I bet she starts and runs alot better now!

• bamafan
          bamafan commented
          Editing a comment
          Zippy next on the list is brakes, I'm getting tired of bumping trees to stop.
          Jay it should start and run better, but i'll have to wait for awhile to find out. I thought I had a head gasket but couldn't find it, so had to order one.

Needed to move the 782 out of the shop for some added room. Turn the key - nothing! Battery voltage good, key signal to starter solenoid good, solenoid grounded - yup, jumped across the solenoid, cranks over fine. Bad solenoid. Luckily I had a new one in stock, installed it and moved the tractor. There's 25 minutes I won't get back!

Comment

• jaynjeep
          jaynjeep commented
          Editing a comment
          Hardly ever do I see a solenoid go bad.. but for some reason every one I have seen bad was on a 82 series! It's happened to one of my 782's and my 982 recently

I put the chains and Cylops plow on the 1250. The lift rod was too big to go in the QL hole, so I had to use a chain for now. It actually works great as I can get more lift, which is necessary with the terrain on the mountain. Then I plowed some leaves to try it out.

Comment

• Shrewcub
          Shrewcub commented
          Editing a comment
          Wikipedia says 88, but it ain't always right. The 4 speed was a special order from the factory. I will ask him next time I see him if he ordered it or found it on the lot. I still kick him every so often for not getting the paint recall done. I guess he would have wanted more if it looked good tho. 😆

• Shrewcub
          Shrewcub commented
          Editing a comment
          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-Series

• Greenstripewideframe
          Greenstripewideframe commented
          Editing a comment
          To bad on the paint. My dad's didn't get it done either. Wikipedia, it's gotta be right because it's on the internet right? Lol
          Better stay on subject or Roland wannabe will kick us out. Lol jk Jon. Keep up the good work!!

I got the head gasket and got it installed, while I was waiting on parts and had the carb off, I decided to try my luck at the throttle shaft repair. It went well and was quite easy. I reinstalled everything, hit the starter and it turned over 3 times and fired off. Tuned in the carb and this little tractor has never run this good. I love it when a plan comes together.
        Larry
        New Market, Alabama

Comment

Good deal Larry!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Good deal Larry.
            That's how it's supposed to go, but don't always work that away.
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I added a full length skid shoe to the blade on the 782. In the past I bolted a scrap piece of 2x4 to the bottom, eventually it breaks. I have a gravel driveway and it is never frozen when it snows, so the factory shoes just dig in and pull up more rock. I used a piece of pipe that was laying around and the same half inch bolts and washers I used for the 2x4. I was actually able to let the plow float as I cleaned up the mess today.

Comment

Sunday we had a couple of inches of snow in SE Pa. So, put the 54" plow to its first test. Always enjoy playing in the snow, even it it is only 2-3". I use a 2x4 under the wear edge and skid shoes.

Comment

• G-Nest
                  G-Nest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks great! A 54 inch blade came with my 1864 but I haven’t had the opportunity to try it out yet. What is the purpose of the 2x4, just to have a softer cutting edge?

• bugeye
                  bugeye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The driveway is blacktop, but uneven due to age, tree roots and cracks. The wood does wear, but doesn't get caught in the uneven surface. Plus it protects the wear edge. The wood is only held on by the skid shoes.

Brown truck backed into the driveway today and delivered a box of parts, Thanks to Tim Aka Olds. He has been tracking down parts for my steering upgrade on my 1450. I hope to get started on it soon. Now to get the parts cleaned and painted, I will start a thread when I start. Thanks Tim
                Larry
                New Market, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by bamafan View Post
                  Brown truck backed into the driveway today and delivered a box of parts, Thanks to Tim Aka Olds. He has been tracking down parts for my steering upgrade on my 1450. I hope to get started on it soon. Now to get the parts cleaned and painted, I will start a thread when I start. Thanks Tim
                  What the heck Larry, Tim should've cleaned and painted them before shipping?
                  They can't all be turn key.
                  Make the best of each and every day.
                  Todd
                  Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

• J-Mech
                    J-Mech commented
                    Editing a comment
                    YEAH!!! Come on Tim! SLACKER!

B9639F3D-EA69-40A0-A452-CB01035EC0B9.jpeg Finally decided to pay the my buddy what he wanted for his snowblower for my 3225.
                  Lets just say he didn’t want to sell it very bad. But it is nearly new and very nice shape.

Comment

Working...
                  X