What did you do WITH your Cub today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you do WITH your Cub today?

Just a place to post up about what you did with your Cub today. This can be for both IH and CCC models.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

I'm going to link the two sections together (IH and MTD) so this thread can be seen in either. Had to make a post to do it.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

My son get his license next month so I need to get his car ready. Used the 1641 to move it into the shop. A hydro and tow strap turned it into a 1 man job
      Jeff
      62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

Pushed some gravel with the 129 today. My driveway was overdue for some rock, and just went to pieces when it finally thawed out. I will probably wind up borrowing Dads's loader tractor to spread the pile a bit quicker though.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        I like yellow and white

Comment

I had to go to the shed for something and decided to see if the 782 would fire up, it's been sitting for months but fired right without issue.
          Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
          Indiana, PA
          Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

I got stuck going to empty the trap. Sorry, I don't eat groundhog.

https://i.postimg.cc/fTw1p03r/IMG-20...144262-HDR.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/kGZ8QbLg/IMG-20...202787-HDR.jpg

Comment

• sir_lancealot
              sir_lancealot commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks a little muddy there.

Got the garden established for the year. Last year it was a failure. I didn’t think the deer would bother the garden. So I just put up a fence for rabbits. This year I put in posts for a taller fence and got it tilled. Wish I had the means to move the rock on the middle. For now it stays. 0DD54F5F-893A-4779-A25D-433CC4E3312C.jpeg60C7FF83-5745-469E-9944-EFCE14FC2925.jpegD6E731CE-BEB1-48AA-B291-94446D5C933D.jpeg
            Tanner
            Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

• J-Mech
              J-Mech commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good Tanner! Going to plow my garden today.

Drug the old yellow 982 out of the corner.. it needs a bath seriously!! Hasn't been run in almost 12 months. Old girl started right up and I mowed grass at the shop for about an hour.. never missed a beat.. I always forget how strong the old ONAN is and how smooth it is! They have a much different sound and feel than the Kohlers. Very enjoyable to run! I bought this tractor in very nice shape and have done almost nothing to it.. never seems to want anything but to be run! Wish I had more like that!100_3406.JPG

Comment

I didn't remember you had a 982 Jay. 3pt, front outlets.... I'm assuming brakes. Does it have a PTO? Looks great!
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                I didn't remember you had a 982 Jay. 3pt, front outlets.... I'm assuming brakes. Does it have a PTO? Looks great!
                Yeah Jon.. had it four years I think?.. actually bought it by accident! Told the guy if he was closer i'd be interested! He offered to pallet and ship it from NY to GA! Even got a quote from Fastenal for me.. turned out to be too good to refuse! Tractor is really nice and pretty original.. Optioned to the hilt.. I wanted to paint it Red but after I found out how rare it is I hate to do it! Front, outlets, Factory Cat 0 and factory rear PTO. Early enough to still have the IH cast rear. I think technically it's considered a 986? If i remember correctly is shows in the serial number to be a 986.. very enjoyable to use! I was worried it was gonna be a turd since I bought it sight unseen but turned out to be a well kept original tractor. My only Onan... but I had experience with the Onans in the 80's and always liked them.. It's clean, dry and strong! I love the unique sound

Comment

Did some cleanup in the yard today. Got rid of the leaves and small twigs from cutting a tree down. The grinder turned it into really nice compost material that I put on my neighbor’s compost pile.
                  Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

• J-Mech
                    J-Mech commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gotta get me one of those!

20191029_010046.jpg
                  Super nice weather today, so I took advantage of it and got a couple outside projects done before the rainy/snowy season. I dug out my O for the first time in a long while and used it while I hung up a downspout that fell off, replaced the weather seal on my 10x12 overhead door, and burnt some trash. Also got all the little lady's plants and porch garbage put away. Gave me good reason to try out my new to me cart I picked up last week. Its definitely my favorite of the 3 I have.
                  Jeff
                  62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

• J-Mech
                    J-Mech commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice Original!!
                    Nice cart too! What brand is it?

• Rumblefish
                    Rumblefish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks J! Im really glad you asked about the cart. Its not really any brand....my dad's best friend, and the guy Im named after, made it. He retired from maintenance where I work now (as did my dad) and built it in the metal shop. He bent, machined, and welded up everything but the wheels and tires by copying another cart, he thought a JD. I can just imagine him, my dad, and some of their other work friends working on this thing in the back corner of the shop where the boss wont see it. The story is why its my favorite. I didnt need another cart but I couldnt turn it down!

The past few days I have been raking the gravel out of the yard and flower beds that was plowed in over the winter. I used my 1450 to push it off to the other side of the driveway for now. I may spread it over the weekend if it is nice.
                  E970B782-7D88-4A9A-A40A-C2A1A37B1C2D.jpeg6FD2FC77-188E-4984-B849-C90A17537C07.jpeg17A13818-756D-484E-8032-B9B6CE310377.jpeg
                  -Nick
                  125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
                  3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

Plowed my big garden today. Actually kind of dry in my area, but we had a fair amount of rain over the winter. Generally this dirt stays pretty wet and heavy, who knows. I sunk my plow and headed towards the creek, I did that last year to help keep it drained. Who knows, maybe it worked!
                    Rich

Comment

Trying to get the last things I need done before I swap the CH18 into the 682/782 (what do you call a 682 that's been converted to hydraulic lift?) had this old wood pecker feeder fall down into the yard last winter, so diced it into small enough pieces that I could boom them up and haul them out back.
                      Also tilled my garden with my pull behind Craftsman 36"x8hp tiller, you guys will all laugh, my garden is 36"x10' and that's it, HA! probably not even enough for your radishes...

IMG_4162.jpg
                      Vic
                      Beulah, Michigan

Comment

• sir_lancealot
                        sir_lancealot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Looks nice and sunny there. But I'm sure it's deceiving and it's actually cold.

• Redblower
                        Redblower commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Actually it was close to 50, if you're working it isn't bad, but it has been unusually cool for spring this year, frost most mornings, on average running about 10 - 15 degrees below normal.
                    Working...
                    X