Clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch question

Fairly certain that the friction material my 106 clutch done gone and run out of friction. From underneath, it looks pretty worn. Guess she didn't want to the plow the corn garden like I had planned.

Sometimes it will grab, and it will drive under it's own power, but it takes a couple tries and some jerking of the body to get it to go.

Is there any kind of different problem to look for, adjustment, or even a farmer fix that will put her back in lighter dury service?

More importantly, what clutches do you guys and gals prefer? I definitely want something that will pull a plow, a sled in stock class, and push snow. Motor is stock, I don't plan to go crazy building it, either.

Just get all stock parts. They are available from Cub Cadet. Everything you would need is still produced. I just checked 👍🏼
    Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

Check and make sure the linkage is adjusted correctly. Just like any clutch, the linkage can be too tight and not let the spring do its job.

You sure it wasn't just tire a slipping? Rocking it wouldn't likely get a clutch to grab, but for sure works on wheel slip.
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• J-Mech
        J-Mech commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. First thing I'd check is linkage. Make sure the main clutch spring isn't broke. The stock clutch will pull quite a bit. You could build us a slightly heavier clutch since you want to tractor pull with it, but I doubt you'll need it.

• Cheesedawg82
        Cheesedawg82 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will a stronger clutch last longer, or just wear my leg out?

• J-Mech
        J-Mech commented
        Editing a comment
        Well.... it will hold better than stock, buy if you aren't putting in a 16hp and modifying it for more HP you will be fine with stock. Yes, they do push harder. Midwest Super Cub has a kevlar clutch disc. They are cheaper than a stock disc from CCC, and do hold better. They also engage smoother. That is what I would suggest. Stock spring, or one step heavier (also available from MWSC) and a kevlar disc. That should suit your needs just fine.

I run the MWSC Kevlar clutch in all my tractors and they work great.
      Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
      Indiana, PA
      Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Working...
      X