107 Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

107 Maintenance

I've been working on my 107 lately. When I got it, it had some spider-web-wiring, weird muffler setup, and smoked really bad. I've disassembled, cleaned, and repaired some items as it's been going back together. Here are some pictures of the progress so far.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

I still think the headlights make it look like it's squinting, lol.

Does it still have the stock exhaust elbow? I don't remember.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
      I still think the headlights make it look like it's squinting, lol.

Does it still have the stock exhaust elbow? I don't remember.
      It’s going to get the full light package as well, so the weird LED strips will go away.

I came with an extra motor and parts box, which had the exhaust elbow in it.
      Lance

Comment

That's an interesting muffler, and heat shield...
        I know a "guy" who happens to have the headlight panel for that tractor. Just missing one ring.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
          That's an interesting muffler, and heat shield...
          I know a "guy" who happens to have the headlight panel for that tractor. Just missing one ring.
          Oh really? I have one I’m going to put on this tractor, but I will need more for a couple others that don’t have headlights. My 73 and 106 have yet to have them installed.
          Lance

Comment

Nice looking tractor Lance. I think Jon's comment about squinting is pretty accurate. lol

Comment

• J-Mech
              J-Mech commented
              Editing a comment
              Isn't it hilarious!

Originally posted by sir_lancealot View Post

Oh really? I have one I’m going to put on this tractor, but I will need more for a couple others that don’t have headlights. My 73 and 106 have yet to have them installed.
            Yes sir. I'll try and remember to get you a couple pictures over the weekend.
            Todd

Comment

• sir_lancealot
              sir_lancealot commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds great! Thanks!

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post

Yes sir. I'll try and remember to get you a couple pictures over the weekend.
            Better make a decision before somebody closer buys it up.😁😁
            Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Worked on the 107 a little today. Got it fired up to seat the head gasket. I need to go back and retorque the head now. Here are some pictures to prove it happened.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              Lance

Comment

Nice progress on the squinter Lance. Always good to see one get revived with some new parts. Btw That’s quite the long plug wire that thing has got.

Comment

• sir_lancealot
                  sir_lancealot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That it is. I needed a wire and that’s the only one I had laying around. Just one more small part to add to the list of items to replace. 🙄

Well I guess it's better being to long, than to short.
                Todd

Comment

Lance, you work on the 107 any lately? Or have you been like me..... too busy, cold and broke to work on a Cub, LOL!
                  ~Jonathan
                  Oblong, Illinois

Comment

• sir_lancealot
                    sir_lancealot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Been too busy. I have heat out there, so cold isn't a problem. Thanksgiving was last week and I've been busy with the Christmas musical at church. I did get my brass PTO buttons in from Jeff, so there's that. I didn't want to put the front end back on until I had those. I wanted to try and run the tractor for a little while before setting it up for snow duty, on the off-chance I have an issue with it. Not sure I'll get to do that though.

Got the 107 finished up this morning. I had the day off so I went out early, turned on the heat, and finished her up. I added headlights, spring assist, wheels w/ chains, weights, and installed the snow thrower. The PTO button was gone so I ordered some from Jeff. I’m happy with the way it turned out. She still smokes a lot, but I’m hoping maybe the rings just need to reseat themselves. If the smoke doesn’t stop after a few hours of use, I’ll probably look into tearing into it.
                  This gallery has 3 photos.
                  Lance

Comment

Looks much better with wide open eyes and not squinty ones.

Now you just need snow!!!
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

^^^^^ What he said.
                      I was supposed to get you pictures of the lights I have for that tractor, wasn't I? Completely forgot about it till you mentioned "light" in your post. Sorry Lance.
                      Todd

Comment

• sir_lancealot
                        sir_lancealot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No worries. I don't need them right this minute, so I'm in no rush.
                    Working...
                    X