clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch question

not much action on the forum as of late. Hope this post wakes a few of you guys up, hope all is good.

I know there were differences in a narrow frame mechanical clutch (127) vs a wideframe mechanical clutch (129)
    I want to do an engine transplant on my 129. I got a screaming deal on a gray block replacement K301 that does run, out of a 127. Complete, still has an intact clutch. (but honestly how "functional" is unknown haha)
    Is there any reason I cant pluck the gray engine from the 127 into the 129 and run it as is? Will I have to swap the 129s original clutch onto the 127's engine? I have had the 127 engine fired up. It smoked pretty good but then again when I had it running it was off a steady stream of spraying Gumout in the carb throat the whole time I ran it. I did swap to a spray Windex bottle of pure gas but I had to keep spraying to keep it going as the 127's carb is toast. Still smoked on that but Im sure I was flooding it, running it like that. I've been thru the 129s original carb, rebushed throttle shafts, etc
    I'm hoping with a transplant of the 129s original, known good carb, that this 127 engine takes off and runs /with less smoke than the original 129's engine.

I do plan to pull the original 129 engine down and do a proper overhaul via machine shop, etc while I run it on the 127's engine. The 127 is not available, it is in the local junkyard. or was last summer anyway when I plucked its engine, haha.
    Don
    Kankakee IL

You must be talking PTO clutch, because both those are hydro tractors.
    You should be able to run the NF clutch. Don’t know why you can’t just swap the clutch off the original motor, but whatever. Probably have to adjust the linkage.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Yeah. Pto clutch. Wasn't thinking some tractors actually have 2 clutches haha.
      I'm ordering Jeff's tool , the one is coming off the 129s engine for the overhaul,
      but I've fought a few of those clutches over the years ( several years ago since I last messed with one) but since the 127's engine already has an intact clutch, I figured why not run it if it's able to be run.....
      I think the last one of these clutches I messed with was way back when my brother had his 100. And that one was quite the struggle to get off over 20 years ago......if I can run the one already in place on the 127s engine I figured "why not", as that would just save me a bit of work, that's all.
      Don
      Kankakee IL

Comment

Working...
      X