1450 snow fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1450 snow fighter

filedata/fetch?id=4829&d=1547515230&type=thumb After over 15 years, and my growing dislike for freezing my ass off, coupled with a forecasted snow accumulation of nearly two feet projected, I am pulling my QA 36 snowthrower out of retirement, dusting off my 1450, and taking my IH windbreaker cab out of the shadows.

Over the years I have acquired needed parts for the thrower, with tonight marking the starting point for the great reunion!

I'm fairly excited to put this all together now that my 1450 has power steering... that coupled with everything else, the suspense is climbing.

Figured I would post a picture of the thrower with my Cyclops conversion kit installed. It will be removed to place the thrower back to oem.

Anyone interested in my kit? Converts a qa thrower for use on a cyclops with the super steer front axle.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Looks like fun
    ~Phil

You are only as old as you make yourself.

1710, snow blower QA-42A

Comment

I guess I don't see what the adapter part is? What's different?

Get it mounted up and show us!
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• Rescue11
        Rescue11 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to make a new sub frame, longer parallel lift bars, shem out the gear box 1.5", build a new lift rod and put on a different pulley. It actually worked rather well!

I'll get pix

Nice project, better get the right drive belt headed your way, it will probably be different from what you had on the Cyclops.

Comment

• Rescue11
        Rescue11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Still have the original!

filedata/fetch?id=4906&d=1547598918&type=thumb After being in the shed for almost two years, one flat tire, no gas and a slightly dead battery, I'm using one international (7.3) to jump another! Hope she kicks. Probably have to pull carb and clean. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: It started!! Drove it to the shop. Let the work commence!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

20190115_185549.jpg Snapped a pic of my mod for the 1864. Be gentle, I did this when I was like 15.

another note... I almost have all my pieces found for the snow blower. Cant find my lift rod... probably have to build 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue11 View Post
          20190115_185549.jpg Snapped a pic of my mod for the 1864. Be gentle, I did this when I was like 15.

another note... I almost have all my pieces found for the snow blower. Cant find my lift rod... probably have to build 1

Hang on. Are you saying you built all of that? Or just shimmed out the gearbox. The gearbox shims are the only thing that doesn't look factory to me. Well, the pulley too.
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

• Rescue11
            Rescue11 commented
            Editing a comment
            The frame that pins the quicktach to the blower, I built. The OEM one is laying adjacent to on the floor as a side by side comparison. I also built longer parallel arms for the top part but don have those in the picture

Looks pretty dam good for a 15 year old's work. I'd be proud of that and I'm over 60!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
            Looks pretty dam good for a 15 year old's work. I'd be proud of that and I'm over 60!
            That's what I was thinking!!! I couldn't figure out what wasn't factory!
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Yea that isn't no Mud Rig work there!!!
              Randy
              Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Originally posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
                ~Phil

You are only as old as you make yourself.

1710, snow blower QA-42A

Comment

Lol, well thanks guys, I like to think my abilities have improved but I'm sure in reality they have regressed with my eye sight.

ran into a snafu, the larger drive pulley hub was stuck badly to the gear box shaft. Had to get local welder to remove for me. Wow!

now they aren't talking shit for snow...ass hoes

Comment

Originally posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
                    Yeah I saw him over on GT talk, complaining that he supposedly got canned from OCC. I haven't told him to check us out here.
                    Don
                    Kankakee IL

Comment

• Rescue11
                      Rescue11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Please don't???

• Leadslingingdaddy
                      Leadslingingdaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea what Rescue said!!

Originally posted by Rescue11 View Post

now they aren't talking shit for snow...ass hoes
                    You got it ready to battle a disaster... That you now say has been averted. Sounds like a great insurance policy to me
                    Don
                    Kankakee IL

Comment

Originally posted by dodge trucker View Post

You got it ready to battle a disaster... That you now say has been averted. Sounds like a great insurance policy to me
                      Well... that's just It. With all the FD stuff the last few nights I haven't got any time to work on it. So it's not ready lol, but alot closer! Realistically I could have it blowing snow in 4 hours with all the stuff I have yet to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X