169 and a QA36A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

169 and a QA36A

I had already tracked down a QA42A a couple of months ago for the 128 w/creeper. After acquiring the 169 I put a blade on the 128 and decided to put the QA42A on the 169. Suffering FB last week I came across a QA36A, complete and in very good shape for $150. The weather forecast said 3-5 inches for last night so yesterday I put the 36A on the 169. We only got a couple of inches at best, but it was a great trial run. Everything worked as it should. What a beast. Hard to believe folks are buying the new junk and not realizing what these little tractors are capable of.

I also picked up a #1 cart from the same guy who had the 36A. All complete, original tires, no modifications or abuse. Surface rust and some small pin holes in the back, I thinking from years of the cart sitting with the tongue up in the air. It is a nice straight cart with no dents. I got lucky with that also, $125.

Congrats on the cart I love when deals come with extras! Do the knobby tires on the front make a difference?
    Tanner
    Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

Yes they did. Do use them in wet grass. LOL. They will do some damage.

Comment

So.... why are you running the 36 on the 169 instead of the 42? You just looking for more seat time, lol? I bought a 36 for parts one time. Too narrow to use. Takes too long, lol. I want to be DONE when I'm moving snow!

Nice looking machine and good deal on the stuff you got!
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

The 36 was complete, ready, and didn't need anything. I wasn't sure about the 42. I have 3 128's and the 169. One of the 128's has a creeper with spring assist. My plan is to add a 149 to the fleet. The 42 on the 169, 36 on the 149. I have two blades to put on the 128's.

Comment

Do you have enough operators for your Fleet

Comment

Originally posted by Masmith View Post
              The 36 was complete, ready, and didn't need anything. I wasn't sure about the 42. I have 3 128's and the 169. One of the 128's has a creeper with spring assist. My plan is to add a 149 to the fleet. The 42 on the 169, 36 on the 149. I have two blades to put on the 128's.
              I'd get two 42's and get rid of the 36. Too small. But, whatever suits your needs!
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I am usually a one man show, but I would hate for something to break and not be able to play in the outdoors with a tractor given a snow opportunity. Also gives me an excuse to have more than one.

Comment

A 42 won’t fit my sidewalks

Comment

Working...
                  X