dual lever on 1650 = hole orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual lever on 1650 = hole orientation

I'm building some replacement parts for a dual lever assembly on a 1650.

what I need is the hole orientation on tube number 7 where rod 8 screws in in relation to the bracket on the end. ( I will assume it's at the top )

There are two holes in item 18. Are they horizontal with the handle vertical?

I am also building a weldment for item number 9 ( got that covered )

Thanks
    Jeff

1650 dual lever.png

Jeff, I read this the other day, and forgot to come back to it.
    There are two different styles of hyd levers in the QL series. Sounds like you have the early one. The other style is the one you posted a picture of.
    Did you get the info you needed? If not, I can go look at mine tonight and see which style it has. I don't recall.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
      Jeff, I read this the other day, and forgot to come back to it.
      There are two different styles of hyd levers in the QL series. Sounds like you have the early one. The other style is the one you posted a picture of.
      Did you get the info you needed? If not, I can go look at mine tonight and see which style it has. I don't recall.
      That was the picture the guy sent me. I can pics of the stuck parts later.

Thanks

Comment

Well apparently, the online parts books no longer show the two different styles. They used to.
        Anyway, there is the later pinch bolt style, and the early pinned style. The picture is of the late style, which replaces the early one anyway. It sounds like you have the original style.

Not sure what exactly it is you want to know..... Are you going to make all the parts? If so, I would make the later style because both levers can be adjusted. Making the lever (#19) will be the most difficult.
        Not sure what you mean by you are making a weldament for #9. That item has the hole to pass over shaft #7, then the rod threads through part #9 and is used to lock the lever to the shaft, as a set screw. It holds the two together. Maybe you knew that.... just wanted to be clear.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I took some pics of the parts I was sent. I positioned the 18" scale so the handle (knob ) end is at zero.

The handle is broken off inside the tube.

I need to know the orientation of the handle to the two holes located at 13" and 14"

Tube -- is the handle hole at 90* to the spot welded bracket ( which I would assume points back )

Thanks
          Jeff

0321191920-00.jpg

0321191920-01.jpg0321191922-00.jpg

Comment

Ok. My dual stick tractor is assembled, so I can't verify the holes at 13" and 14". But I believe that one set of holes is for a single stick tractor, (13") and the other for dual stick (14"). I also cannot verify the holes are in the same plane as the handle. (Parallel wit the handle.) They do not appear to be on my tractor. They look just a couple degrees off.
            The weldament on the tube should point forward, or away from you with the handles on the right side of the dash.

​​​​ 20190322_092653.jpg
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Thank you very much Jon.

The picture helps tremendously too.

Jeff

Comment

Are these going to be something you are selling along with tour other amazing items?
                i just got an1650 would love to lookninlook into a set but i would need an triple lever.

Comment

I'd be willing to send you my setup!

Comment

Lol i can just steal yours
                    . I was hoping Jeff was going to add a new item.

Comment

Originally posted by NIGHTOW1 View Post
                      Lol i can just steal yours
                      . I was hoping Jeff was going to add a new item.
                      I'm sure since he's done the one, he can do more. But making a triple would be something new.
                      ~Jonathan
                      Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I figure, go big or don't bother. And since Jeffs work is basically perfection, just a bonus.

Comment

Yes! But it would need to be a little heavier to run that float detent!

Comment

Working...
                          X