Rescued 1250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescued 1250

I bought this 1250 last winter. The PO took it apart and lost interest in the project. A member from another forum put me in touch with the owner. He had the engine bored 0.010 over, bought a Kohler piston/ring set, new valves and gasket kit. I had the crank reground and replaced the rod and reassembled the engine. Anytime the engine is out of one of these is a great time to tighten the steering and repair the drive line. I added solid engine mounts (thanks JeffinPA) did the cradle mod and thoroughly degreased it. Put the tractor together, serviced and leveled the mower deck. I ran this tractor and it runs great and very smoothly. The tractor was given a bath....and sold it to friend of mine.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Queen Of The QuietLines

When did you find time to do all that Beth?
    Looks like it turned out good.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Thanks Jonathan....Time is a precious commodity now! This project has only taken me about 5 months...normally, something like this only takes a few days after the machine shop work is all complete.
      Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

Good lookin' 1250 Beth. You made someone a good machine...
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Nice job Beth! You've saved another one.
          Stay safe out on the road!

Comment

How do you like the solid mounts?
            Tanner
            Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

G Nest.... They are particularly smooth with this 1250. I am pleased with them and plan to use them in my 1200.
              Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

• G-Nest
                G-Nest commented
                Editing a comment
                Great to hear. I need to pull the engine to do the cradle brace and address a leak on my 1450. I’ll try a set of the mounts. Thank you!
            Working...
            X