Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

129 Wont Move

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    129 Wont Move

    I recently picked up a 129. I bought it not running and got it running. The problem now is the tractor won’t move. I’ve check obvious things like spiral pins in the driveshaft, oil level, etc. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!
    Cub Cadet 800, 1450, 1650 (dual stick)
    IH #3 & #4 Carts

    #2
    Is the hydrostatic drive being driven by the driveshaft? The hydrostatic drive tractors use a hydrostatic filter. A automotive engine filter will not permit oil flow. I have only used the Cub Cadet filters, but other filters may be compatible. Other more knowledgeable members may advise.

    Comment


      #3
      If you are sure that the driveshaft is turning Martin, I'd drain the rear end and do a fluid and filter change. If it looks bad inside, use cheap oil so you can change it again after a few hours run time.
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

      Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

      I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

      Comment


        #4
        What Jon wrote.
        Could easily be a plugged filter.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks guys for the help. I checked and the driveshaft is definitely turning the pump. I also removed and cleaned the hydro relief valves as they were “sticky”. So I suppose the next step is fluid and filter change.
          Cub Cadet 800, 1450, 1650 (dual stick)
          IH #3 & #4 Carts

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
            If you are sure that the driveshaft is turning Martin, I'd drain the rear end and do a fluid and filter change. If it looks bad inside, use cheap oil so you can change it again after a few hours run time.
            Tractor Supply has a good, inexpensive oil that works well.

            Comment


            • J-Mech
              J-Mech commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes they do.

            #7
            Originally posted by mrmiller View Post
            Thanks guys for the help. I checked and the driveshaft is definitely turning the pump. I also removed and cleaned the hydro relief valves as they were “sticky”. So I suppose the next step is fluid and filter change.
            Just as a note, if the check valves (relief valves) aren't seating up that could also be the issue. But I'd do fluid and filter anyway.
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

            Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

            I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

            Comment


              #8
              I took a better look at the fluid and it looks like peach jelly. I would definitely assume this could be the problem or one of the problems?
              Cub Cadet 800, 1450, 1650 (dual stick)
              IH #3 & #4 Carts

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by mrmiller View Post
                I took a better look at the fluid and it looks like peach jelly. I would definitely assume this could be the problem or one of the problems?
                Yes, it sure could be.
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

                Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

                I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

                Comment

                Working...
                X