1650 Engine Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1650 Engine Fitment

I picked up this 1650 with a good thrower on it. Engine was blown and removed but got all the drive shaft parts, etc. I have a Tech H160 engine that I would like to put in the 1650. Anybody know it that will work or wasting my time?

How badly blown is the Kohler K341 engine?
    Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

That won't work no. Crankshaft height will be too tall. Plus, Kohler parts are way more available than Tecumseh parts.

I'm with Beth..... how bad is the Kohler? Like rod out the side blown? Or just needs overhauled?
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Was told by PO when I bought the 1650 that he loaned it out and they run it out of oil. Threw a rod through the block. I did not get the old engine. I agree on the parts side of this but have the Tech on hand know it is good. Will start looking for a good K341 engine. Thanks guys, you saved me some time. Will move the 1650 over to another building till I find an engine. I have another 50C deck I could hang under it when I get it running.

Comment

Finding a K341 for a Cub Cadet will take some time, and cost some cash. The biggest engine of the K series and very sought after by pullers. You'll have better luck finding and buying another 1650. Probably about the same price too.

Make sure you have the right subframe and drive pulley on the C deck to put it on a QL.
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Yup I parted and scrapped a 1650 because I hunted for an engine for it for 2 years and couldn't get scrap price for it as a roller, though a hydro and/or rear end would each cost me more than scrap price if I were to need either. I wasn't paying$150 for a bare block then having to build it up from there.
            Don
            Kankakee IL

Comment

$150 sounds fair for a K341 block. Considering what you end.up with.
              ebay head and rod $75 to 120.
              Carb $20 used
              CAM FREE if you wantnitwant i have one.
              head is most likely good as ate most of the parts.
              if for some.reason the Governor is bad i also have that. Replaced mine with the metal one.
              It would be.so much better to have that K341 in her.

Comment

Thanks for you opinion.
                Sounds like around $350 to get a running K341 plus shipping for everything is another $75. Starting to be an expensive engine. Not sure the K would be that much better though. If I had a good block on hand or even somewhat locally I would have went that route.

Comment

Working...
                X