My first 1650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first 1650

Well , not.that anyone cares lol, but i haven't been on in a long time. Found several great deals for projects but all fell through except the 1650.
    the engine is really nice, bored over a lot more then i would like but , JD cam with a little added, shorter rod, new valves,, been pollished, nice flat head, new piston, rings ect. All new seals and bearings.
    the rest is in surprisingly good condition. First cub i have ever tore down that EVERY bolt and nut came off with no issue even the foot plate screws....
    going to restore her. I have wanted a 1650 for a long time just never seemed to find one. She is a 1975 late year. The only thing i plan to do is we will add triple stick hydrulics. And a catagory 0 3pt Trent's RESCUE11 'S NEW DESIGN. She will have the 50" deck that it came with also restored. Can't wait to get started. I do plan to use
    some new parts on this one rather than cleaning up old ones. I want this one to shine when she is.done. similar to my 782 but cleaner.

Awesome! Looking forward to your build of this great model.
    Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

Yes! I get to spend more of your money!!

Comment

Nothing new there.

Comment

Sweet, looking forward to someone else's taking apart, cleaning, refurbishing, rebuilding, painting, replacing, and putting back together projects.
          1650, they are a grand ole tractor...
          They can't all be turn key.
          Make the best of each and every day.
          Todd
          Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

• Rescue11
            Rescue11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not to rain on the parade here, but your quality of work is pretty far up the ladder and is unattainable by most so be gentle on keith lol

Looking forward to the build!

Comment

Well, I've missed you Keith! Glad to see you're still dragging them home!

Let's go! Lookin forward to this!

~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Keith, I'm looking forward to this build also.

Comment

Yeah we all have those years, just haven't had the time or energy i wanted. Hopefully this winter will be a good time for some personal cub time. That is if Rescue11 gets then782 BEAST ready in time for snow fun.😁

Comment

Originally posted by NIGHTOW1 View Post
                  Yeah we all have those years, just haven't had the time or energy i wanted. Hopefully this winter will be a good time for some personal cub time. That is if Rescue11 gets then782 BEAST ready in time for snow fun.😁
                  I have to have your rig in my shop before I can start on it HIGH SPEED!!!

Comment

So started tearing her down, and blasting parts. Everything is labled and bagged,. Started making a list of new parts ill need. Surprisingly not as many as I thought. I'm amazed that every single nut and bolt came off without any issues. Even the foot plates. Will need a new steering column, but i figure might as well just go with Rescue11's power steering system. Only going to add a set of ports in front and one set in rear. Would like to keep this one as simple as possible.

Comment

Lookin good so far Keith!
                      ~Jonathan
                      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Well heck Keith, you just started, and you're ahead of my progress...
                        They can't all be turn key.
                        Make the best of each and every day.
                        Todd
                        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I have a mental problem, Every time I get a new cub i have it tore apart in a day. That way i have no choice but to fix it. Plus it help me identify any major issues, that and I hate dirt, i just can't leave well enough alone.

Comment

Originally posted by NIGHTOW1 View Post
                            I have a mental problem, Every time I get a new cub i have it tore apart in a day. That way i have no choice but to fix it. Plus it help me identify any major issues, that and I hate dirt, i just can't leave well enough alone.
                            What a fine "mental problem" to have!
                            Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

Working...
                            X