Cadet 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadet 55

Hopefully I put this in the right area feel free to move if needed. But I realized I never put any pics of this little guy on here. I got it around 2 years ago at a farm auction for $40 or $50 not running, had it running the day after I bought it home. IMG_20190405_193428181.jpgIMG_20190405_193452465.jpgIMG_20190405_193517091.jpg

I had one a couple of years ago that was in pretty good shape and Zippy just did a restore on his... Great info on his thread...
    Randy
    Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Nice machine. How wide is the deck on that, including the chute? I would LOVE to have one, but I have to mow between things that are 32 inches apart, and I'm not sure I could.

Comment

Nice find.
        I never did a "restore", just a get it working kinda thing.
        Replaced the engine, new tires, wiring...
        Woman loves it for doing trimming. Works great for getting around, and under trees.
        https://www.everythingcubcadet.com/f...on-of-cadet-85
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I believe the 55 was a single blade 28 in cut and the 75/85 were available with a 32 inch cut, either rear or side discharge. The 85 bagger special also came with the single blade 28 inch cut, but with the eight horsepower motor and the bagger. It's almost unknown and lost to history but there is also an 87 that was produced for a short while near the end which was basically the 85 special with all the accessories.

I have a few of these I'm doing a deep dive restore on and I'm about ready to start a thread here.

Comment

Working...
          X