1864 # 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1864 # 3

In light of the recent forecast, I am humoring the meteorologists by working on my other 1864. Took her summer clothes off and slid the 54" blade under. I still need to load another set of tires, put chains on, and the wheel weights. I have some suitcase weights that I will need to build a weight bracket for. Should be 110 lbs per wheel, and 120 lbs of suitcase weights, for a total of 340 lbs plus my 200# @$$. Still need to do the hydraulic angle on my 54" blade. Hopefully this weekend.

Nice looking machine. Plastics look great.
    Tanner
    Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

Thanks! I worked really hard on the plastic. had it looking great, and 4 hours later backed into the front of the machine with my pickup. Knocked the grill out and broke the plastic front. Busted the grill to pieces

Comment

I remember you backing into it. Man, I feel for you there!

So, was this already a dual stick machine? Or did you add the second circuit?
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

1864 parts.jpg1864 parts 2.jpg
          Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
          I remember you backing into it. Man, I feel for you there!

So, was this already a dual stick machine? Or did you add the second circuit?
          Nope, When I got it, the RH head was destroyed by a kamikaze valve, one of the front tires were shot, and all the plastic was missing. Added the second valve, remotes to front and back, ADDED 3pt hitch, then modded the 3pt hitch, put rear braces on, bought plastic, did a whole bunch of work to the ol girl. Was originally to be a parts machine, that turned out to be a very good tractor!

Comment

I bought a 125 for parts years ago. Lance has it now and uses it all the time. Some of the best tractors are the ones saved from the junk pile.
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• Rescue11
              Rescue11 commented
              Editing a comment
              I remember that. You went out and helped him with it and also built an awning or something...

Nice tractor.
            My first tractor was a parts machine. After a couple months I had it running and mowing. Now my 108 is my main mower.
            Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Good looking machine Trent, but that broken plastic sure sucks. Was it repairable, or just usable as is?
              They can't all be turn key.
              Make the best of each and every day.
              Todd
              Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

• Rescue11
                Rescue11 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Todd, dad had a heart attack the day you commented so I was a little busy.

Part of it is repairable. Going to replace the front plastic part.

I never used this all winter for snow. With dads heart attack, and extra work load I never got time to get it finished. Now I need it to mow. But I have a bunch of other things to do with it before I can mow requiring a 3pt hitch. Since I sold my arms, I need to build new ones that are tougher. The adjustment links also need to float. So I finally started this afternoon on them.

I cut mostly, bent and rewelded just for sake of getting done today
              image_1956.jpg

20190414_171432.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

• J-Mech
                J-Mech commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't sell those!!

They look great!

• Diesel Doc
                Diesel Doc commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice job! They look great!

Thanks guys, I think I'm gunna hafto redo the top part of the adjustable lift links. I have alot of adjustment but not much float for the range I have. Just put bolts in temporarily on top. Still need to cut lower bolts, chamfer the corners and grind the welds smooth. Then I'm going to paint. By my calculations it has about 750-775 lbs of lifting power with 12 " of travel.

Have lots to do with this thing!

Comment

20190415_201332.jpg20190415_203159.jpg20190415_203215.jpg20190415_203300.jpg20190415_203321.jpg

Comment

Looks great Mr. Hydraulics!

Comment

Originally posted by Oak View Post
                    Looks great Mr. Hydraulics!
                    Thanks Todd!

Comment

So... this thing cranks and cranks and cranks. No fire. Pulled air filter, squirted a little gas in carb and it hit right off and continued to run fine. And it would hit everytime after that if I shut it off then started it again

it's kinda done this for a year or better, but would usually start after cranking on it long enough.

any ideas?

Comment

Sounds like fuel is draining away from carb and pump. Check your fuel lines and connections. I put a anti-drain back check valve in the suction line on one of mine that had the same issue and cured the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X