Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1811 in the shop

Yup, another 1811 in the shop.
    I knew I shouldn't had went on Craigslist the other night, but you know how it is? So talking with the guy, he bought it to put a thrower on it, but after finding nothing, or what he did find were to expensive, he decided to dump it. And well, seemed he dumped it right here with me.
    Deal was, if I wanted the 1811, I had to also take a 129, as a package deal. "Okay". So looking up the address, he was about 70 miles away, and not knowing if I wanted to go that far, or when I'd be able to, he volunteered to deliver it for a $20 bill. "Okay".
    Well here's some pictures. It does have some issues, but don't they all? Well, most I bring home anyway. Plans are to make it a mower again. (I think) IMG_2587.JPGIMG_2588.JPGIMG_2593.JPGIMG_2595.JPGIMG_2599.JPGIMG_2592.JPGIMG_2591.JPGIMG_2596.JPGIMG_2597.JPG
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Nice tractor Zip! It's got good bones and from the looks of the records on the hood, it's had some maintenance and care through the years. With a good bath and some tinkering, it will be happy happy again.

Comment

Told you you'd be resealing a rear end haha. Looks like a good machine. So have you heard it run yet?
      And this 129, any goodies on it?
      Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
        Nice tractor Zip! It's got good bones and from the looks of the records on the hood, it's had some maintenance and care through the years. With a good bath and some tinkering, it will be happy happy again.
        Yeah, had a laugh when we opened the hood...
        Todd

Comment

That doesn't look too bad Todd!
          What about the 129????

What sticks out to me, and I can't believe no one else noticed.... are the rear tires. Someone ran chains on them for a long, LONG time!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I like it Todd. Looks like it's time to roll that bad boy out of the shop and fire up the pressure washer!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstripewideframe View Post
              Told you you'd be resealing a rear end haha. Looks like a good machine. So have you heard it run yet?
              And this 129, any goodies on it?
              What you talking about? Isn't the rear supposed to be like that? They all seem to be, when I get em'.
              Yeah, runs pretty good now. First issue was the float had a major "malfunction" going on. I'll get a picture up pretty soon.
              The 129. It's already up on Craigslist. Ain't nothing I'm interested in. And no "goodies", just a plain jane...
              Todd

Comment

The float had a hole in it, and someone tried fixing it.
                And they tried fixing a leaky bung under the fuel tank.
                And it seemed someone lost the bolts that hold the fuel pump in, cause four out of four don't match.
                IMG_2606.JPGIMG_2607.JPGIMG_2603.JPGIMG_2604.JPG
                Todd

Comment

Booo on the plane Jane 129.
                  this guy really liked his rtv. Rtv has its place and that's not on floats and fuel tanks. Best of luck to you Todd I know it will make me a good mower somedayđŸ˜‰. (Call me when your done I'll be right over).
                  Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstripewideframe View Post
                    Booo on the plane Jane 129.
                    this guy really liked his rtv. Rtv has its place and that's not on floats and fuel tanks. Best of luck to you Todd I know it will make me a good mower somedayđŸ˜‰. (Call me when your done I'll be right over).
                    Yeah, suppose you will.
                    You can come get that 129 whenever you want.
                    Todd

Comment

I love tractors that have a ton of writing under the hood. We restored a Ford for a guy that belonged to his father and his dad made a note of everything ever done to the tractor under the hood, I couldn't bring myself to sand blast it so I sanded all the paint off the outside with a da and body worked it, the inside I lightly scuffed and cleared it. The guy didn't ask us to save it so it was a surprise and when he saw it he was thrilled and thought it was an awesome idea, wish I had some pics of it.
                      Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
                      Indiana, PA
                      Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Looks good todd! Wish we were closer. Would love to have that 129!

so, was the maintenance log extra or did he throw it in?

Comment

Nice find. Cannot beat that deliver fee!
                          Tanner
                          Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                            That doesn't look too bad Todd!
                            What about the 129????

What sticks out to me, and I can't believe no one else noticed.... are the rear tires. Someone ran chains on them for a long, LONG time!
                            The 129 is gone. It was rough... Put it on Craigslist last night, and a guy was here this am and picked it up. I feel real good now. I got a real deal on the 1811.
                            No Jon, every other lug was ground out on the tires. Inside and outside. Both.
                            Todd

Comment

IMG_2609.JPGIMG_2610.JPGIMG_2608.JPG
                              Originally posted by Rescue11 View Post
                              Looks good todd! Wish we were closer. Would love to have that 129!

so, was the maintenance log extra or did he throw it in?
                              I don't know Trent. I think if you saw it, you'd go the other way.
                              Yeah, "maintenance log" came with the tractor.
                              Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X