Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repower from KT series to Magnum wiring needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repower from KT series to Magnum wiring needs.

When Replacing a KT series engine with a Magnum series it is a not too complicated repower but there are some special things needed for the wiring. Jon is going to get a diagram drawn up for this topic and he said go ahead and get a topic started, some of you guys on here might have some input on this. I will add pictures when we do the wiring on my repower, but not quite there yet.
    ~Phil

You are only as old as you make yourself.

1710, snow blower QA-42A

I'll get to drawing up a diagram as soon as I can. If anyone else wants to jump in, or even draw one up, that is great. I'm pretty tied up for another day or two.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

When I did my Command repower on my 782 I used an 1811 ignition switch, and then found the wiring diagrams for my 782 (by serial #, as there are 2 or 3 versions), 1811, and Command engine online, and putting the 3 together I was able to figure out what wire needed to be where on the switch, and then modify/fabricate the tractor harness for the Command. Took a little time and thinking but wasn't bad.

Some guys use a shut off relay on Mag swaps as well, but I am not familiar with that so I can't comment on it.
      Brian - Spring Grove, IL
      IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
      CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
      Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
      Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Working...
      X