Hy-Tran ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hy-Tran ultra

My Dad is now near the end. Going thru his sheds, trying to clean decades of clutter, storage of lumber, undetermined pack rat stuff. His Case backhoe is long gone. But, look what was hidden under more stuff. The lid seal was never broken. Unknown how old, but at least was stored in a shed. In spring, I plan to break the seal, decant into a smaller container. If if looks ok, seems perfect to change the fluid in my 1863 and 1864.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

That bucket isn't that old. It will be fine. Oil doesn't go bad in storage. It was stored underground for a long time before we dug it up.

Sorry to hear about your dad.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I agree with Jon. Given the seal was never broken you can be sure of the contents, and it has been stored properly. My thoughts and prayers for your dad.

Comment

I agree with Jonathan and Stan on the oil. So sorry to hear about your dad.

Comment

Nice find on the oil.. So sorry to hear that your dad is not well.. keep us posted!

Comment

Sorry to hear about dad. What model Hoe?

Comment

Sorry about your father...
              They can't all be turn key.
              Make the best of each and every day.
              Todd
              Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. We have all witnessed his failing health as the cancer took over. He has had good alert times without pain and has good care.

He bought the new Case backhoe in about 1972. Guessing the model was 580? It was like a big toy. He ran heavy equipment for an excavation firm and managed construction activities. The backhoe was his and not used by the company; last used maybe 10 years ago except for cleaning snow in his neighborhood.

Comment

Sorry to hear about you're Dad. I went through that with my mother a few years ago, It is a cruel disease.
                  Larry
                  New Market, Alabama

Comment

Sorry about your dad.
                    Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Working...
                    X