Adding duel spool hydrualics to a cyclops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding duel spool hydrualics to a cyclops

I figure i would post this here for anyone that goes searching in the future. I wanted to add front ports on my 1864 as i am lucky enough to have a power angle blade. I did read alot on this but no one had just a thread on what there used and part numbers. While doing this i found a NOS kit for 600 and thought i would do it a lot cheaper and i did.

I got a used valve, lift cylinder and lines for 150.00
    I got one couple to marry the valves 711-3294 and 5 O-rings from cub for about 40.00
    I have about 15.00 in some 3/8" JIC fittings and brake tube.
    I had new lines made they were the second most expensive part at 70.00
    I used stock parker couplers and i like keeping it stock and i had them already.

First thing i did was cut the dash and install the second valve. I learned not to over tighten them as it would cause the valves to bind. I re used my factory return tube back to the pump and just extended it 3" to make that work. For the lines they are NLA from cub and i decided i wanted something that looked factory as possible. So i cut the metal parts of the lines off that go into the valves. I decided it flair them in 3/8" JIC as it's simple and cub already used it and it's proven to work. I went to my local napa they they made me custom 3/8" line, One side is 3/8" JIC and the other is 1/4" NPT to fit the parker valves.

This is a little long and i'm not the best at documenting anything but thought someone might want to do this as well one day and it might help them.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Nice job! Hydraulics can be a headache or a lot of fun. Best thing to do is make friends with a good hose shop and research what fittings and adapters are available for your project. There are literally thousands available. Your solution to flare the tube and couple with new hose is a great idea and will help others in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
      Nice job! Hydraulics can be a headache or a lot of fun. Best thing to do is make friends with a good hose shop and research what fittings and adapters are available for your project. There are literally thousands available. Your solution to flare the tube and couple with new hose is a great idea and will help others in the future. Thanks for sharing.
      I was gonna try and make something myself and just adapt pre-made hose from tractor supply. Thankfully my local NAPA made the decision to open on Sunday and take on advance auto parts. I brought just the couplers and 2 pieces tube and some rough lengths based of some rope. The guy was able to see what i was doing and make lines that are perfect and just made this a breeze.

Comment

Very nice, thanks for posting. But you might as well be talking jibberish, cause I'm the WORST when it comes to hydraulic lines, and the names...
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Don't worry Zippy, some know, some know about other stuff. That's what makes this site so great, we all help each other get thru the tough stuff.

Comment

Looks like it will work. Dont let these guys fool ya. Hydraulics are the easiest thing to do on a cub!

Comment

Nice work John!!
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Great Job on the valve. What does the part that couples them together look like? I have searched for the part#, 711-3294 and cannot see what it looks like. Is it just a fitting?

Comment

Greg - the part to join the two valves looks like a piece of brake line about 3/4" long with a hump in the center. You have a new one in the bucket of hydraulic parts you bought from me! Go look!

Comment

Cool, I will do that. Thanks Stan.

Comment

It looks like this. photo 2.JPG

Comment

Working...
                      X