Newest acquisition. 1050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest acquisition. 1050

This is my newest Cub pickup. Picked it up around Christmas time from a guy I work with. It had been sitting for about 10-12 yrs in his shed. The driveshaft had broke and he never fixed it. It came with a drive shaft he had made up. The shaft was within spec but he couldn't get it to fit in so he just gave up on it. I got the shaft installed and started going thru the engine. Cleaned out carb, new fuel lines and fuel filter, air filter and spark plug. Key switch was shot so I got a new one. Fired it up and this is one sweet running Mag 10. I am amazed at how well this old beauty runs. I was skeptical about the Walbro carb but so far it purrs like a kitty. It came with working headlights and tail lights, spring assist which were installed at the dealer when bought. I got a 44c deck with it that needs some attention but it solid. For $200 I'm not complaining.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Congrats on the 1050 Kelly! I know of at least 4 of us on here now with 1050s.

Comment

• Kyocum
      Kyocum commented
      Editing a comment
      Jelly that's a new one LMFAO

• Shrewcub
      Shrewcub commented
      Editing a comment
      My auto-correct acts really weird on this forum. Lol

I fixed it.

These 1050's are cool little Cubs. I've got my eye on another one just got to convince the guy it would be in better hands with me than him. He wants me to trade my JD 140H3 for it. Doubt that will happen.

Comment

Congrats on the 1050. Looks clean. I think you did good at $200...
      What, everyone wants to be like Jon?
      They can't all be turn key.
      Make the best of each and every day.
      Todd
      Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Congrats on the 1050 Kelly!!! No matter what model of Cub it is, you can't go wrong with $200. I know I say it all the time, but I love my 1050. It's a great tractor. Makes me really want to find an 1806. I think I liked it more after adding the creeper. With that 10hp in it, I needed a slower gear. I had to use the creeper mowing yesterday. Waited too long for the first cutting. Anyway, it sounds like you already love it. No way I'd trade a 140H3 either!!

~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by Shrewcub View Post
          Congrats on the 1050 Kelly! I know of at least 4 of us on here now with 1050s.
          6!
          Me, you, Mike, Brian, Tim and now Kelly.
          That's actually quite a bit for a 1 year only tractor!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• J-Mech
            J-Mech commented
            Editing a comment
            @Shrewcub:
            I actually wasn't thinking about CubCrazy..... but I'm sure he has few. I was thinking of "Arnie Cunningham" or "Alvy".... Mike Alvarez. (I hope that is the right last name, lol.)

@Kyocum: I'm thinking there is probably as many or possibly even less of them than the 800. That said, I've seen probably 3 for sale since I bought mine.

• Shrewcub
            Shrewcub commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotcha, I didn't realize that is who Arnie was. Glad you straightened me out.

• SS5150
            SS5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            There was a nice one just sold in south central Wisconsin this past week. Prior to getting mine last fall I had kicked the tires on another one but it was a few hours away, 2nd gear was out and metal was rough. IDK if it ever sold or not.

Great find! Starting to think I need to have a 1050 to be in this Cub club!

I have a 1086... is that close enough? It is a gear drive at least 😁

Comment

• Rescue11
            Rescue11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh man, now I have another "project" thanks Jon

• SS5150
            SS5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder how an 82 series tractor would look with the late 86 series tri stripe decal? My Uncles' have a tri stripe 10. I mowed a lot of hay with that back in the day. Great tractor.

• J-Mech
            J-Mech commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know, but I never liked the look of the black stripe 66 series, or the tri stripe 86's. I never understood the change anyway.
        Working...
        X