New to me 1914 & 1872

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me 1914 & 1872

Newest acquisitions. A couple weeks ago I scored the 1914 roller and yesterday I picked up the 1872. The 1914 came with a 60" haban deck and a haban power angle plow. Has ag tires in pretty decent shape and a set of IH hub caps that have been painted over. Yesterday I picked up the 1872 off a friend at work. This one has a really nice haban deck and a modified qa42 " IH plow. Today I went out and slapped a new battery in it and bottle fed it a little gas and it fired right up. Runs pretty good I think. Have to pull the engine and install a couple new crank seals, clean under the tins and all the usual stuff you would do with an unknown engine. I got $700 tied up in both machines. I sold my JD 140H3 to purchase the 1872.

1914 is actually a pretty rsre model. Nice scores Kelly!

I will say though, I bleed red, but the JD 140H3 is a really nice GT. Sorry you had to sell it off, but you did good on the deal.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Awesome. Like the seat!
      Tanner
      Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
        1914 is actually a pretty rsre model. Nice scores Kelly!

I will say though, I bleed red, but the JD 140H3 is a really nice GT. Sorry you had to sell it off, but you did good on the deal.
        Jon I really didn"t have to sell the 140 just getting cramped for space. You know 6 GT's, 3 snowmobiles,2 4wheelers a zero turn and a boat. Out of room. Got to add onto the garage in the near future.

Comment

Working...
        X