Deck Skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck Skirts

Do deck skirts help much with deck blowout (specifically leaves)? Has anyone fabricated a deck skirt for their tractor? Cub said they don't make one for my LTX1042. Any help is appreciated.

"Deck skirts"? Sorry man, I don't know what that is...
    Okay, I looked them up. I suppose they help with the "newer" style decks, as most are a high vacuum.
    If your deck didn't come with them, how you going to go about mounting, some?
    By the way, welcome to the forum...
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Yes a deck skirt will help with blow out from under the deck. So a mower deck, especially the new high vacuum decks, work.... well.... like a vacuum. The deck has to seal on the bottom up against something so that it can suck up what you are trying to cut, or mulch. Just like a vacuum has to set close to the carpet. The idea being that air has to travel through the carpet (standing grass in the case of the mower) so as to suck up what is under the deck. The rubber skirts are useful if you have thin grass, or the mower deck hovers too high above the grass. But in the case of fall leaves, most grass is dead and non existent, and if you add skirting the leaves will just pile up in front of the deck and not feed in well, or at all. Then you have a leaf bulldozer. In this case, you are better off lowering the deck more that usual, or simply using a different leaf cleanup method. That or just buy a more expensive lawn mower, lol. Or, get an older one like the old IH machines we love. Not made cheap, work better than any "lawn mower" on the market today and after using them you find excuses to buy more. It's great fun!

Welcome to the forum!
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Thanks for the info and thanks for welcoming me.🙂

Comment

Working...
        X