Announcement

Collapse

Ad Policies

*All ads are for Cub Cadet related items only.
*All ads run for 30 days, then they will be deleted. You may re-post an item (after the 30 day run and it has been deleted). If for some reason your ad gets deleted in under 30 days, unless told otherwise, you may re-post it.
*You must post a preferred method for a potential buyer to contact you. For example: Private message, an email address, or phone number as you see fit.
*No discussions in this section. All discussion may be deleted, moved, or cause the ad to be closed.
*DO NOT respond to an ad by making a post in the ad thread. If you are interested, contact the seller via the preferred method of contact. You may post stating that you sent communication. Example: PM Sent!
*No commercial or business listings. This section is intended to be used for personal and private sales only.
*This sections rules may be amended or changed at any time without prior notice.
See more
See less

Machine shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine shop

Looking for a reputable machine shop that can turn Kohler K series crankshafts and be willing to do so by shipping them. The shop I've had turn my shafts before has gone out of business and there is nothing close by. If a member is willing to handle the drop off and pick up at a favorite shop, I'd gladly pay for your time. J-Mech, do you still have that shop near you that you trust?

Yes, I do.
    Effingham Regrinding, in Effingham, Illinois. 217-342-4186. Call them and ask for Dean. Tell him Jonathan Baker referred you to him. I don't get anything out of it, but you might, lol. He gives me better deals if I give him several cranks. I already have a few ground on my shelf. If you only need one at a time, we might be able to work out a deal. Dean ships cranks all over the US, so no issues shipping him one, but you really need to send 5 or more. Otherwise, cost per crank is pretty high. Let me know either way Stan. If you don't want to wait on the turn around time, I'll sell you mine (if I have what you need) then I'll send 5 over at once, when I have a pile ready. Let me know, but do call Dean!
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Jon, I'll gather up what I have, (3, I think) and talk to a buddy and see if he has any to do. I know I need one for a K321 14hp I'm doing. I may just get one from you right now if you have one. I'll get back to you in a day or two. Thanks.

Comment

Jon, looks like I just need one crank for now. Want to sell me one from your stock and take mine in as core? K231 from a 149. Let me know.

Comment

I think I have 1 crank ground for a 321. I'll look and see. Give me a day or two as it is in my storage garage in town.
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

No hurry. 321 is for a nice .030 over block with fresh bore I'm building for inventory. Block came into my hands as a trade.

Comment

Working...
            X